NAU MAI, HAERE MAI
ACC: Mates and Dates Funding
Te Whāriki Takapou has been highly critical of the decision by ACC to spend $18.4m on the ‘Mates and Dates’ programme rather than invest in culturally appropriate teacher-led sexuality education in schools.
- ACC backs contentious sexual health programme
- ‘Waste of money’: Sex-ed experts slam Mates & Dates $18m plan
- Te Whāriki Takapou ‘appalled’ by $18m ACC sex-ed programme
- Experts oppose ACC sex consent classes
- Mates and Dates misses Māori mark
- Sex education experts slam $18m cost for ACC’s Mates & Dates programme to go nationwide
ERO Report 2018
The Education Review Office latest report on sexuality education in schools, ‘Promoting Wellbeing through Sexuality Education‘, has been released. From Te Whāriki Takapou’s perspective, the report shows that the health and education sectors are failing Māori and that not much has changed since ERO’s last report in 2007.
Radio interview to follow