Te Whāriki Takapou has been highly critical of the decision by ACC to spend $18.4m on the ‘Mates and Dates’ programme rather than invest in culturally appropriate teacher-led sexuality education in schools.
Other press coverage
- ACC backs contentious sexual health programme
- ‘Waste of money’: Sex-ed experts slam Mates & Dates $18m plan
- Te Whāriki Takapou ‘appalled’ by $18m ACC sex-ed programme
- Experts oppose ACC sex consent classes
- Mates and Dates misses Māori mark
- Sex education experts slam $18m cost for ACC’s Mates & Dates programme to go nationwide